HDCP Error ? Fix and solution to any HDCP issue or problem Forum Index HDCP Error ? Fix and solution to any HDCP issue or problem
HDCP 2.2 <> HDCP 1.4 - HDMI to Component, HDMI to RGBHV, HDMI to DVI-D, HDMI to HDMI up to 4K60 4:4:4 600MHz 18Gbps.
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

fw.019 ? Rolling back to fw.017....Black screen on sources..

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HDCP Error ? Fix and solution to any HDCP issue or problem Forum Index -> Linker 4K60 4:4:4 600Mhz 18Gbps HDCP x.x
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
DavidinCT



Joined: 31 Aug 2013
Posts: 75

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 1:15 am    Post subject: fw.019 ? Rolling back to fw.017....Black screen on sources.. Reply with quote

Wow, .18 didn't work, .19 yea, it seemed to solve the HDCP issues but, changing sources on my AVR results in black screen on a 1080i/720p sources.

0.17 is the only one that has seemed to deal with this but, does not deal with HDCP very well. STILL takes over 10 seconds to change sources when it does work.

Had this device for about 3-4 months, most of it's life it has not been used because of these issues.

Sigh...Here we go waiting for .20 and crossing fingers this device is useful for my needs.

All I wanted to do is use my HDMI port 3 that has 10-bit video that does not have HDCP 2.2 on it and hoping I can use the scaling feature to scale HDR to Ultra Deep color....sigh...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
CHUN



Joined: 01 Jan 1970
Posts: 3664

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is documented in the notes about 1080i. It is being looked at and hopefully will be resolved quickly.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DavidinCT



Joined: 31 Aug 2013
Posts: 75

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CHUN wrote:
This is documented in the notes about 1080i. It is being looked at and hopefully will be resolved quickly.


I hope so, I have had this device for 3-4 months now and about 90% of the time, it's been sitting in a box. At least 0.17 does work with 1080i/720p sources but, has issues with HDCP...sigh

I know in some cases it works but, it's sad that my Dish Hopper 3 system outputs in 1080i...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
froderoed



Joined: 21 Feb 2017
Posts: 26

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DavidinCT wrote:
CHUN wrote:
This is documented in the notes about 1080i. It is being looked at and hopefully will be resolved quickly.


I hope so, I have had this device for 3-4 months now and about 90% of the time, it's been sitting in a box. At least 0.17 does work with 1080i/720p sources but, has issues with HDCP...sigh

I know in some cases it works but, it's sad that my Dish Hopper 3 system outputs in 1080i...

How do you roll back to v.017?
It seem to have been removed....(?)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DavidinCT



Joined: 31 Aug 2013
Posts: 75

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

froderoed wrote:
DavidinCT wrote:
CHUN wrote:
This is documented in the notes about 1080i. It is being looked at and hopefully will be resolved quickly.


I hope so, I have had this device for 3-4 months now and about 90% of the time, it's been sitting in a box. At least 0.17 does work with 1080i/720p sources but, has issues with HDCP...sigh

I know in some cases it works but, it's sad that my Dish Hopper 3 system outputs in 1080i...

How do you roll back to v.017?
It seem to have been removed....(?)


(remember, I am talking about firmware..) here ya go... direct link..

https://www.hdfury.com/tools/4K_Linker_FW17_GUI16.zip

or you can go the main page..

https://www.hdfury.com/shop/videoprocessors/linker-4k60-444-600mhz/

and go to downloads, your looking for (FW 0.17)

they are up there for you to download...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DavidinCT



Joined: 31 Aug 2013
Posts: 75

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any update on a fix for this ? Even on 17 FW I had issues last night, where I was going from a 1080i device to a 4K device and it would not do anything, I had to switch between 2-3 devices for it finally work.

Can we get something soon to make this a stable device ? I've had 4-5 HDfury devices over the years and this is the only one where I almost regret buying...

I just want it to work like it should...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
CHUN



Joined: 01 Jan 1970
Posts: 3664

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Devs are working on updates and they will be posted when available.

DavidinCT wrote:
Any update on a fix for this ? Even on 17 FW I had issues last night, where I was going from a 1080i device to a 4K device and it would not do anything, I had to switch between 2-3 devices for it finally work.

Can we get something soon to make this a stable device ? I've had 4-5 HDfury devices over the years and this is the only one where I almost regret buying...

I just want it to work like it should...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DavidinCT



Joined: 31 Aug 2013
Posts: 75

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CHUN wrote:
Devs are working on updates and they will be posted when available.

DavidinCT wrote:
Any update on a fix for this ? Even on 17 FW I had issues last night, where I was going from a 1080i device to a 4K device and it would not do anything, I had to switch between 2-3 devices for it finally work.

Can we get something soon to make this a stable device ? I've had 4-5 HDfury devices over the years and this is the only one where I almost regret buying...

I just want it to work like it should...


It's been over a month from the last major update. Is there anything coming soon ? Or did I pay $200 for a pretty gold box that does not work as it should ?

Even on fw 0.17, I am getting random black screens, nothing showing, I sometimes have to switch sources 2-3 times to get it actually work. 0.19 does not work with 1080i sources.. So, Sort of working, or not at all.

I didn't expect this from a HDfury product...AT ALL
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
HDfury



Joined: 22 Dec 2010
Posts: 1560

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Firmware is still beta > not yet considered final, new update should be there at end of the month.
_________________
We are testing a new way to give 24/7 support: join us on our discord server
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
admin
Site Admin


Joined: 16 Dec 2010
Posts: 489

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

New update is out.
_________________
We are testing a new way to give 24/7 support: join us on our discord server
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
DavidinCT



Joined: 31 Aug 2013
Posts: 75

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

admin wrote:
New update is out.


Ok, thanks, I will give it a shot....crossing fingers.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DavidinCT



Joined: 31 Aug 2013
Posts: 75

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any new updates ? This thing is slow as crap. When going to direct from my AVR to the TV, it will take about 1-2 seconds before. WIth the Linker in place, it takes about 10-12 seconds and sometimes it does not even change.

Black screens are still very common on .20 FW. Sometimes, I will got to a device, get a black screen, go back to a different device, play content for a second, then swich back and it will work.

When I am on my HTPC, I have Windows Media Center running at 4K (as I have movies and content in 4K), so when I watch live TV or recorded TV, I will get a black screen for 10 seconds while live tv is playing in the background before it comes up.

It's been a while any updates coming soon that might adress some of these ? Or do have another device that will work FASTER and solve these issues ?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
admin
Site Admin


Joined: 16 Dec 2010
Posts: 489

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DavidinCT wrote:
Any new updates ? This thing is slow as crap. When going to direct from my AVR to the TV, it will take about 1-2 seconds before. WIth the Linker in place, it takes about 10-12 seconds and sometimes it does not even change.

Black screens are still very common on .20 FW. Sometimes, I will got to a device, get a black screen, go back to a different device, play content for a second, then swich back and it will work.

When I am on my HTPC, I have Windows Media Center running at 4K (as I have movies and content in 4K), so when I watch live TV or recorded TV, I will get a black screen for 10 seconds while live tv is playing in the background before it comes up.

It's been a while any updates coming soon that might adress some of these ? Or do have another device that will work FASTER and solve these issues ?


Please post your chain setup or link to where you described it and we should be able to fix, since FW0.20 there is not any major issue afaik. so issue should be in your settings or setup.

Btw, FW0.21 is out, which add CEC support when using CUSTOM edid (previously only available in SINK mode as logical dynamic address was missing in custom)

http://www.filedropper.com/showdownload.php/4klinkerfw21gui19

_________________
We are testing a new way to give 24/7 support: join us on our discord server
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HDCP Error ? Fix and solution to any HDCP issue or problem Forum Index -> Linker 4K60 4:4:4 600Mhz 18Gbps HDCP x.x All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum