HDCP Error ? Fix and solution to any HDCP issue or problem Forum Index HDCP Error ? Fix and solution to any HDCP issue or problem
HDCP 2.2 <> HDCP 1.4 - HDMI to Component, HDMI to RGBHV, HDMI to DVI-D, HDMI to HDMI up to 4K60 4:4:4 600MHz 18Gbps.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

HDMI problems
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HDCP Error ? Fix and solution to any HDCP issue or problem Forum Index -> Linker 4K60 4:4:4 600Mhz 18Gbps HDCP x.x
View previous topic :: View next topic  
froderoed

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, but the Linker seems more future proof.
When I get my new AVP, the problem will vanish and I will probably use my Linker for something else/troubleshooting when any need arise.
Too bad though, that I cannot use it as intended, but can live with the current solution until mid may. I have spent so many confusing hours for this that I would like to have it solved - or explained at least.....
froderoed

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HDfury wrote:
We believe there might be incompatibility with HDCP2.2 device on sound output of Oppo. This is why HDfury4S which is HDCP1.4 like Quick6 should work just fine, similarly it also have downscale/upscale options so results should be similar.

(Just one comment while waiting for your test results):
In the Oppo UHD-203 thread on AVSForum it seems that I am the only one having this kind of problem, but I doubt I am the only one hooking up a 1.4 device to the sound output of the Oppo.....(?)
The Cary sink is an upgraded 1.3 device, but this does not work when direct hook-up to the Oppo.
Based on my limited knowledge, I believe you are able to understand my confusion on this mystery. The EDID and HDCP issues are complex enough to comprehend as is.

HDMI 1.4 upgrade - quote:

'HDMI 1.4 update for Cinema 11a

We are very pleased to announce an upgrade to the Cinema 11a to incorporate the latest in technological innovation.
The Cinema 11a surround preamp-processor has won industry awards and received numerous rave reviews over the past two years. It has the latest features available and with the current addition of the new HDMI 1.4 standard, it is on the cutting edge in the latest technology. Cary is pleased to announce the availability of an upgrade to allow owners to refit their Cinema 11a to take advantage of this new technology.
Cary will remove the current HDMI 1.3 connection board, along with its digital electronics, and replace it with a new board incorporating two HDMI 1.4 inputs and a pass-through output. HDMI 1.4 inputs allow the Cinema 11a to:

Support most common 3D formats and coming 4K display resolutions through much higher data transmission speed.
Support 48-bit Deep Color at 1080p.
Support an Audio Return Channel (ARC) from the TV, enabling multiple sources connected via HDMI to the TV to send their fully digital audio bitstreams back to the Cinema 11a for processing.
Support HDMI Ethernet Channel (HEC) connectivity, allowing multiple networked devices to communicate via a 100Mbps Ethernet signal carried over their HDMI cables.
Support HDMI CEC power on/off features:
Connected TV and Blu-ray player will power off when Cinema 11a is turned off.
When Cinema 11a in on, connected TV will power on when connected Blu-ray player is turned on.
It is very important to be able to take advantage of the latest technologies without having to reinvest in new gear every time something newer and better comes along. Cary offers its products’ owners a chance to upgrade their equipment to meet the latest high-speed HDMI 1.4 specs, and makes their investment much more secure.
If you are interested in upgrading your Cinema 11a to the HDMI 1.4 standard and its accompanying features, or if you have any questions regarding the upgrade, please contact us at 919-355-0010 or e-mail at info@caryaudio.com

The Retail Price of the upgrade is $595 plus shipping charges.
Thank you for your support.
Sincerely, Cary Audio Design

Cary Audio Design - News'
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

froderoed wrote:
HDfury wrote:
We believe there might be incompatibility with HDCP2.2 device on sound output of Oppo. This is why HDfury4S which is HDCP1.4 like Quick6 should work just fine, similarly it also have downscale/upscale options so results should be similar.

(Just one comment while waiting for your test results):
In the Oppo UHD-203 thread on AVSForum it seems that I am the only one having this kind of problem, but I doubt I am the only one hooking up a 1.4 device to the sound output of the Oppo.....(?)
The Cary sink is an upgraded 1.3 device, but this does not work when direct hook-up to the Oppo.
Based on my limited knowledge, I believe you are able to understand my confusion on this mystery. The EDID and HDCP issues are complex enough to comprehend as is.

HDMI 1.4 upgrade - quote:

'HDMI 1.4 update for Cinema 11a

We are very pleased to announce an upgrade to the Cinema 11a to incorporate the latest in technological innovation.
The Cinema 11a surround preamp-processor has won industry awards and received numerous rave reviews over the past two years. It has the latest features available and with the current addition of the new HDMI 1.4 standard, it is on the cutting edge in the latest technology. Cary is pleased to announce the availability of an upgrade to allow owners to refit their Cinema 11a to take advantage of this new technology.
Cary will remove the current HDMI 1.3 connection board, along with its digital electronics, and replace it with a new board incorporating two HDMI 1.4 inputs and a pass-through output. HDMI 1.4 inputs allow the Cinema 11a to:

Support most common 3D formats and coming 4K display resolutions through much higher data transmission speed.
Support 48-bit Deep Color at 1080p.
Support an Audio Return Channel (ARC) from the TV, enabling multiple sources connected via HDMI to the TV to send their fully digital audio bitstreams back to the Cinema 11a for processing.
Support HDMI Ethernet Channel (HEC) connectivity, allowing multiple networked devices to communicate via a 100Mbps Ethernet signal carried over their HDMI cables.
Support HDMI CEC power on/off features:
Connected TV and Blu-ray player will power off when Cinema 11a is turned off.
When Cinema 11a in on, connected TV will power on when connected Blu-ray player is turned on.
It is very important to be able to take advantage of the latest technologies without having to reinvest in new gear every time something newer and better comes along. Cary offers its products’ owners a chance to upgrade their equipment to meet the latest high-speed HDMI 1.4 specs, and makes their investment much more secure.
If you are interested in upgrading your Cinema 11a to the HDMI 1.4 standard and its accompanying features, or if you have any questions regarding the upgrade, please contact us at 919-355-0010 or e-mail at info@caryaudio.com

The Retail Price of the upgrade is $595 plus shipping charges.
Thank you for your support.
Sincerely, Cary Audio Design

Cary Audio Design - News'

Right very puzzling, but we have seen others mysteries like that in hdmi/hdcp Wink sometime you have to manipulate the signal somehow to get it working, and reason is not always bad design on the unit themselves, it could be protocol issue like clock stretching that could happen between rx/tx of various brands.

froderoed

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok.
I will wait for your findings and hopefully everything will work flawlessly on your new Linker architectual platform, when released.
The downside is that the Cary will be history and render the Linker useless.
Maybe some new areas of use will turn up later.

Post note:
My SSP has now arrived and works well when directly connected to the Oppo.
So, I guess the time has come to abandon this thread.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HDCP Error ? Fix and solution to any HDCP issue or problem Forum Index -> Linker 4K60 4:4:4 600Mhz 18Gbps HDCP x.x All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: