HDCP Error ? Fix and solution to any HDCP issue or problem Forum Index HDCP Error ? Fix and solution to any HDCP issue or problem
HDCP 2.2 <> HDCP 1.4 - HDMI to Component, HDMI to RGBHV, HDMI to DVI-D, HDMI to HDMI up to 4K60 4:4:4 600MHz 18Gbps.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

HDMI problems
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HDCP Error ? Fix and solution to any HDCP issue or problem Forum Index -> Linker 4K60 4:4:4 600Mhz 18Gbps HDCP x.x
View previous topic :: View next topic  
froderoed

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 12:17 am    Post subject: HDMI problems Reply with quote

Hello;
I have a problem hooking up my Oppo UHD-203 player to my Cary Cinema 11a audio processor. I am using the Oppo Audio only HDMI port to my Cary, but my Cary does not lock on to the 1080p 60Hz blackscreen w/bitstream or PCM audio signal that the Oppo sends. Cary does not support HDCP 2.0 or 4k. If I connect an Oppo 103 player to my Cary, it works. It also works if I send the UHD-203 signal via DVDO Quick6 to Aux out and into the Cary, so the signal is infact intact. To fix this I bought the HDF Linker, because I believed it was a HDCP or EDID problem. When I connect the Linker to my Oppo it locks on and states that it finds both the source and the sink device, however my Cary still does not lock on whatever I try (it says 'no signal' on its HDMI input).
I believe I have the penultimate firmware onboard the Linker.

I have taken some screenshots of the Linker diagnostic GUI and attached the zip file for HDFury Support to have look at it.

Please advice.
froderoed

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:50 pm    Post subject: Request Reply with quote

Is HDFury Support following these posts?
I used a week just to get past the captia when registering on this forum and I had a hope that this product would constitute a remedy opposed to introducing more of the same problems that nearly is killing me..... Shocked
CHUN

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there the first issue I see is the linker has old firmware installed on it. Please update the firmware to the latest version as per the manual.
then test and report back.
froderoed

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 8:14 pm    Post subject: FW 019 Reply with quote

Thx.
I did what you said, but no sigar.
The strange thing is that if I omit the Linker from the loop when using a source that works (going direct) the Cary locks on immediatly, saying DTSMA 3 4 1. When I reconnect the powered Linker in series - nada!
It is as something is broken, signal wise, or it is a HDCP handshake that fails, however the tv sound mutes when the Cary is in the loop, indicating that it knows that the audio is routed elsewhere.
I believe the sink gets Hot-plug on pin 19 via the Linker?
CHUN

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay please use downscaling not up as per the pic. As your amp will not support 4k.

Next try experimenting with the edids built in to the linker
CUSTOM SELECT

(Obviously use edid that are 1080p and FS or full sound)
instead of using the connected equipment edids.
froderoed

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CHUN wrote:
Okay please use downscaling not up as per the pic. As your amp will not support 4k.

Next try experimenting with the edids built in to the linker
CUSTOM SELECT

(Obviously use edid that are 1080p and FS or full sound)
instead of using the connected equipment edids.

Ok, I tried this now, but with no success. I had some weird readings in the sink vfd when toggling on/off the source, but speakers just gave some popping sound and no hdmi lock-on.
However, during troubleshooting my fundamental understanding is improving at a slow pace and I think some clarifications are necessary in this respect;
Keep in mind that I already use a downscaled signal, because the sink sees the source hdmi audio only port and not the main video port going directly to my TV.
I therefore made a scenario where my sink works by porting the DVDO Quick6 Aux port (configured to 'AVR') to the Linker input and Linker output to my Cary. It still doesn't work, however now I am able to sniff the EDID of the source device and discover that the video resolution is below what can provided by the Linker, so no downscale is possible. That fact that sink 1080p/1080i support seem to fail, beats me.
I would assume that setting the Linker output to replicate the input would solve the issue, however in this case I could just omit the Linker, so here is what I suggest;
I need to convert the Oppo Audio only (ref. attachment in my previous mail showing sniffed input) to the same output setting as the Quick6 provides inside the Linker (ref. attached frame grab of input) and hopefully it will work - is this possible?
Please advice.
Comments welcome.
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We are getting an Oppo this week, so watch upcoming FW0.20 it will add full support for it.
froderoed

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

admin wrote:
We are getting an Oppo this week, so watch upcoming FW0.20 it will add full support for it.

Sounds promising, but I am afraid that my problems reside on the sink and not the source side. I hope you are able to emulate my Cary sink edid, based on the diagnostics given. For the 'fun' of it I will try to hook up my sink hdmi-out to an input of a device to see if this matters for the handshake. I am not using this output for anything, though.
froderoed

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 12:30 am    Post subject: FW 020 Reply with quote

While waiting for this;
Would you please comment on the fact that whatever setting used the output up-convert instead of pass through or down-convert.
The one thing that remains stable (and apparently is correct) is the input setting coming from the Oppo Audio only HDMI port and into the Linker. Removing the cable from the Oppo HDMI video port towards my TV did not change anything for the said setting.
I find this puzzling and probably wrong. Cary cannot work with this resolution (?)
CHUN

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The cary was released in 2010 according to online
http://hometheaterreview.com/cary-audio-design-cinema-11a-home-theater-processor-reviewed/

it cannot handle 4k so you cannot use the option upscale. You need to use downscale or through.
froderoed

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CHUN wrote:
The cary was released in 2010 according to online
http://hometheaterreview.com/cary-audio-design-cinema-11a-home-theater-processor-reviewed/

it cannot handle 4k so you cannot use the option upscale. You need to use downscale or through.

Yes, I know. My point was that the Linker GUI does not seem to reflect the correct settings and EDID updates which is very confusing, especially when PC info shows inconsistency with the hardware buttons on the Linker. It seems really unreliable, however power recycling the Linker and restarting/refreshing the GUI (and new firmware upload) normally helps.
HDfury

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

give it a try with Firmware 0.19a available on AVSforum > videoprocessor > Linker, if you cannot find it, email us, we will forward link, it should help.
froderoed

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HDfury wrote:
give it a try with Firmware 0.19a available on AVSforum > videoprocessor > Linker, if you cannot find it, email us, we will forward link, it should help.

It looks indeed as if the FW 019a on Linker works better with the Oppo 203, but in my case it didn't help much (my audio processor still shows 'no signal' on its HDMI input) Sad
HDfury

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

froderoed wrote:
HDfury wrote:

It looks indeed as if the FW 019a on Linker works better with the Oppo 203, but in my case it didn't help much (my audio processor still shows 'no signal' on its HDMI input) Sad

Ok, we just tried the oppo 203 and there is no way we can get similar result as you have above. the output is ALWAYS a constant and regular 1080p60

Please test with PSU to wall plug adapter (and set SCALER > ADVANCED > DOWN > DEEPCOLOR > 8b)
If no Please take a GUI screenshot of scaler section.

Please confirm length of all cables in your setup.

Did you try with FIXED EDID or CUSTOM STEREO ?

Please try to get 1080p60 from OPPO main port to cary

froderoed

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HDfury wrote:
froderoed wrote:
HDfury wrote:

Ok, we just tried the oppo 203 and there is no way we can get similar result as you have above. the output is ALWAYS a constant and regular 1080p60

Please test with PSU to wall plug adapter (and set SCALER > ADVANCED > DOWN > DEEPCOLOR > 8b)
If no Please take a GUI screenshot of scaler section.

Please confirm length of all cables in your setup.

Did you try with FIXED EDID or CUSTOM STEREO ?

Please try to get 1080p60 from OPPO main port to cary

I think we may talking past each other here.
Firstly, the screenshot you are referring to is for the old firmware.
I can confirm the the Oppo outputs 1080p60.
I have attached some pix in this respect, when using fw. 019a.
Using the Linker wall wart PS did not change anything.
I am using different HDMI cables, they all are short and some are 4k certified.

If we rewind back a bit:
When connecting the Oppo HDMI Audio directly to the Cary I get No signal.
Then I bought the Linker because I believed I had an EDID or HDCP issue.
However, when inserting the Linker it still didnt work. Here is where we are at the moment.

Then I connected the Oppo HDMI Audio to my Quick switch and passed the audio to the Cary via a HDMI Aux port configured in AVR downscale mode (1280x720p60). The Cary immediatly locks onto DTSMA and produce multichannel audio. Then I insert the Quick cable into the Linker port B with a short cable to the same HDMI port on the Cary and gets nothing. Everything looks good on the Linker, however my problem of origin is not solved.
froderoed

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 12:34 am    Post subject: DVDO Quick6 HDMI Audio out on Aux Reply with quote

Follow-up: Source sniffed by Linker.
HDfury

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please confirm because it's still unclear.

Did you actually connected OPP MAIN output (not the sound hdmi output) directly to CARY and get 1080p60 working this way ?

froderoed

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HDfury wrote:
Please confirm because it's still unclear.

Did you actually connected OPP MAIN output (not the sound hdmi output) directly to CARY and get 1080p60 working this way ?

No, I connected the HDMI Audio port to the Cary. This is how I intend use it. I have tried the Main video output into the Linker last week, but it didn't work.
I have also tried with no cable connected to the HDMI Main port, also while a BD disc was running.
I will try the main port yet again tomorrow, however I am not sure that I can get 1080p60 out from this port.

To answer your question I have tried to go direct from the Oppo main (video) to the Cary and it doesn't work either, however the Oppo HDMI was set to Auto and not 1080p60.
froderoed

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 3:32 pm    Post subject: Troubleshooting further.... Reply with quote

I have now tried to connect the Oppo direct to the Cary after setting the Oppo main HDMI to 1080p60 - still no lock on. The Oppo sends HDCP 2.2 so it cannot work anyway.
Then I set the Linker in the loop - it still doesn't work. The attached GUI confirm correct settings, inclusive of HDCP 1.4 conversion.

It seems that Cary struggles with everything above SD. Is it possible for the Linker to downscale to 1280x720p60 which is the resolution provided by the Quick6 switch (which the Cary works with when direct connected)?
Anyway, I tried to force the Oppo to output 720p, but it still wouldn't work (see attached GUI).
CHUN

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there

the linker only converts between 4k and 1080p it cannot downscale to 720p it passes it though.

If the cary device does not work with the signal it is getting for sound with 720p from the oppo through the linker I think you are out of options. The trouble is with the cary as the oppo does send 100% compliant audio video streams.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HDCP Error ? Fix and solution to any HDCP issue or problem Forum Index -> Linker 4K60 4:4:4 600Mhz 18Gbps HDCP x.x All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: