HDCP Error ? Fix and solution to any HDCP issue or problem Forum Index HDCP Error ? Fix and solution to any HDCP issue or problem
HDCP 2.2 <> HDCP 1.4 - HDMI to Component, HDMI to RGBHV, HDMI to DVI-D, HDMI to HDMI up to 4K60 4:4:4 600MHz 18Gbps.
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Linker turning off during HDMI handshake to/from HDR

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HDCP Error ? Fix and solution to any HDCP issue or problem Forum Index -> Linker 4K60 4:4:4 600Mhz 18Gbps HDCP x.x
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
borvold



Joined: 16 Jan 2017
Posts: 4

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 8:02 pm    Post subject: Linker turning off during HDMI handshake to/from HDR Reply with quote

Hello. My setup is below in order of output signal. I only use the HD Fury Linker for my PS4 Pro. When I start a game that has HDR, the linker will start the HDMI handshake and then turn off (status light stays off). This also happens when quitting the game (closing the application) and going back to non-HDR content. I can only get the Linker to turn back on by either a manual reset on the Linker, or by turning off my receiver and back on. I have the Linker on the default custom EDID, with the Scaler tab having the two check marks on 4K60 Preset checked with dropdown at 4K 420 8-bit 300Mhz and 4K30 Preset checked with dropdown at 4K30 422 12-bit 300Mhz per the ReadMeFirst.txt file. I have checked all the other settings on my other devices and can't seem to find any reason why it would be doing this. I have also tried a factory reset on the Linker and I'm still having issues. Any help?

PS4 Pro
HD Fury Linker
Onkyo TX-RZ800 receiver
Epson 5040UB projector
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
HDfury



Joined: 22 Dec 2010
Posts: 1560

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 5:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Linker turning off during HDMI handshake to/from HDR Reply with quote

borvold wrote:
Hello. My setup is below in order of output signal. I only use the HD Fury Linker for my PS4 Pro. When I start a game that has HDR, the linker will start the HDMI handshake and then turn off (status light stays off). This also happens when quitting the game (closing the application) and going back to non-HDR content. I can only get the Linker to turn back on by either a manual reset on the Linker, or by turning off my receiver and back on. I have the Linker on the default custom EDID, with the Scaler tab having the two check marks on 4K60 Preset checked with dropdown at 4K 420 8-bit 300Mhz and 4K30 Preset checked with dropdown at 4K30 422 12-bit 300Mhz per the ReadMeFirst.txt file. I have checked all the other settings on my other devices and can't seem to find any reason why it would be doing this. I have also tried a factory reset on the Linker and I'm still having issues. Any help?

PS4 Pro
HD Fury Linker
Onkyo TX-RZ800 receiver
Epson 5040UB projector



Please post link to RZ800 usermanual in PDF.


Is the chain PS4PRO > LINKER > ONKY > UB5040 or something else ?
Are you connected wired or wireless to 5040UB ?

_________________
We are testing a new way to give 24/7 support: join us on our discord server
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
borvold



Joined: 16 Jan 2017
Posts: 4

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 7:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Linker turning off during HDMI handshake to/from HDR Reply with quote

HDfury wrote:
Please post link to RZ800 usermanual in PDF.


Is the chain PS4PRO > LINKER > ONKY > UB5040 or something else ?
Are you connected wired or wireless to 5040UB ?


Here is the link to the Onkyo TX-RZ800 manual:

http://redirect.onkyousa.com/redirect_service.cfm?type=own_manuals&file=TX-RZ900_800_BAS_ADV_En_web.pdf

Yes, the chain is PS4PRO > LINKER > ONKYO > UB5040.

I am connected wired. The HDMI cables from PS4PRO to Linker to Onkyo are all 6ft cables. Onkyo to projector is 6ft cable to an HDMI wall plate and then a 50ft cable from the wall plate to the projector.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
CHUN



Joined: 01 Jan 1970
Posts: 3664

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there
Have you upgraded the linker to the latest version on the site?
If not please do this first.

Sometimes the linker has issues when the resolution changes and hdcp handshake occurs at the sametime and this is being investigated and worked on. But by turning off the amp this causes a hdmi reset and fixes the issue. You will need to continue doing this until a firmware update fixes the issue if the newest firmware does not fix the issue for you.



Hope this helps
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
borvold



Joined: 16 Jan 2017
Posts: 4

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CHUN wrote:
Hi there
Have you upgraded the linker to the latest version on the site?
If not please do this first.

Sometimes the linker has issues when the resolution changes and hdcp handshake occurs at the sametime and this is being investigated and worked on. But by turning off the amp this causes a hdmi reset and fixes the issue. You will need to continue doing this until a firmware update fixes the issue if the newest firmware does not fix the issue for you.

Hope this helps


Thanks CHUN. Yes, I am upgraded to the latest firmware. I will be looking forward to a fix in the next firmware update.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
admin
Site Admin


Joined: 16 Dec 2010
Posts: 489

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you try placing Linker after the AVR ?

and yes, there is an issue on Linker we are working on when res change and hdcp happens at the same time, this should help fix many of remaining issues people can have.

_________________
We are testing a new way to give 24/7 support: join us on our discord server
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
borvold



Joined: 16 Jan 2017
Posts: 4

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

admin wrote:
Did you try placing Linker after the AVR ?

and yes, there is an issue on Linker we are working on when res change and hdcp happens at the same time, this should help fix many of remaining issues people can have.


I have tried placing the linker after the AVR and no difference. Plus I have handshake issues with my other devices on top of just the PS4 Pro.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DavidinCT



Joined: 31 Aug 2013
Posts: 75

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 12:02 am    Post subject: Re: Linker turning off during HDMI handshake to/from HDR Reply with quote

borvold wrote:
Hello. My setup is below in order of output signal. I only use the HD Fury Linker for my PS4 Pro. When I start a game that has HDR, the linker will start the HDMI handshake and then turn off (status light stays off). This also happens when quitting the game (closing the application) and going back to non-HDR content. I can only get the Linker to turn back on by either a manual reset on the Linker, or by turning off my receiver and back on. I have the Linker on the default custom EDID, with the Scaler tab having the two check marks on 4K60 Preset checked with dropdown at 4K 420 8-bit 300Mhz and 4K30 Preset checked with dropdown at 4K30 422 12-bit 300Mhz per the ReadMeFirst.txt file. I have checked all the other settings on my other devices and can't seem to find any reason why it would be doing this. I have also tried a factory reset on the Linker and I'm still having issues. Any help?

PS4 Pro
HD Fury Linker
Onkyo TX-RZ800 receiver
Epson 5040UB projector


I see this same exact result on a Xbox One S, leaving a HDR game, the light goes off, and about 5-8 seconds it turns back on giving me a picture.

Process connection Xbox One S> Denon AVR-X6200W > HDfury linker > HDMI 3 (10-bit port) on a LG 65ub9500
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
HDfury



Joined: 22 Dec 2010
Posts: 1560

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try that FW update: http://www.filedropper.com/4klinkerfw18gui16
_________________
We are testing a new way to give 24/7 support: join us on our discord server
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HDCP Error ? Fix and solution to any HDCP issue or problem Forum Index -> Linker 4K60 4:4:4 600Mhz 18Gbps HDCP x.x All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum