||HDCP Error ? Fix and solution to any HDCP issue or problem
HDCP 2.2 <> HDCP 1.4 - HDMI to Component, HDMI to RGBHV, HDMI to DVI-D, HDMI to HDMI up to 4K60 4:4:4 600MHz 18Gbps.
Joined: 22 Dec 2010
|Posted: Sat May 20, 2017 12:20 am Post subject: Linker 0.22 FW Update
|Linker FW0.22 and GUI0.19 Updates are available from the Download Tab: here
Make sure to install the right silabs driver based on your Windows version and USB port if you haven't yet done so.
Silabs Driver 4.0.0 for XP/VISTA/WIN7/WIN8/WIN10
Silabs Driver 4.0.0 - ZIP - 9.18 Mo
USB2.0: WIN XP / VISTA / WIN7 / WIN8 / WIN10
Silabs Driver 3.9.2 for XP/VISTA/WIN7/WIN8
Silabs Driver 3.9.2 - ZIP - 1.65 Mo
USB2.0: WIN XP / VISTA / WIN7 / WIN8
USB3.0: WIN XP / VISTA / WIN7 / WIN8
This update IS Mandatory for Marantz/Denon AVR owners.
Please note that your current Linker settings are reverted to default after FW update is applied.
Here is a summary of what's new since we announced FW 0.20 earlier in this thread.
More details are available in the ReadMe file of each download.
Linker Firmware 0.22 and GUI 0.19
1. Denon/Marantz AVR switching should be fixed. There were many items addressed with this update in this regard.
2. Audio glitching with some combo source/avr/disc with hdcp 2.2 output is fixed. No more interruptions.
NOTE: We still recommend to use 1.4 hdcp output as always since the previous channel switch improvement with denon/marantz and hdcp2.2 was due to an incorrect continuous reauthorization that Denon/Marantz AVR series was making and was more of a positive symptom than anything else.
3. Added CEC physical address discovery. Linker will update the advertised CEC physical address tree depending on the sink. The TOP input will be physical address 1 and the BOT input will be physical address 2. E.g. Source -> linker (top port) -> AVR (port 7) -> TV (port2) will give linker CEC address as 18.104.22.168
If sink is removed, the CEC address remains and survives a power cycle with/without sink connected so there should be no need to resync the CEC chain.
[Quick Preset Selection] - unchanged
1. Normal operation, clear all 4k30/4k60 presets, clear all deepcoor/colorspace to defaults.
2. Set 4k30/4k60 presets for a 4K30 deepcolor PJ > 300MHz (e.g Wireless Espon) [4K30 all -> 4K30 all, 4k60 600MHz -> 4k60 420 300MHz]
3. Set 4k30/4k60 presets for a 4K30 deepcolor PJ at 300MHz (e.g Wired Epson) [4k30 8/10/12 -> 4k30 422 12 300, 4k60 600MHz -> 4k60 420 300MHz]
4. Set 4k30/4k60 presets for a 4k60 420 300MHz TV [4k30 8/10/12 -> 4k30 8, 4k60 600MHz -> 4k60 420 300MHz]
5. Set 4k30/4k60 presets for a 4k30 8-bit 300MHz TV [4k30 8/10/12 -> 4k30 8, 4k60 all-> 1080p60 444 8/10/12]
6. Set 4k30/4k60 presets for a 1080p60 TV [4k30 8/10/12 -> 1080p30 8/10/12, 4k60 all-> 1080p60 444 8/10/12]
7. CS follow / DC follow
8. CS 4:4:4 / DC follow
9. CS 4:2:0 / DC follow
10. CS 4:4:4 / DC 8 bit
11. CS 4:2:0 / DC 8-bit
Additional note on this update:
Buying a Denon AVR was a Great idea, all credits to Claw for the accuracy of his report that leaved no other choice for us
HDCP2.2 audio dropout was due to re-auth cycle that goes through init routines and glitches audio. In fact it happened all time around every 2 seconds. That issue is no longer.
But having the AVR also showed up a switching issue, in fact, Denon/Marantz are not switching like Yamaha/Onkyo AVR.
Denon never hotplugs, it keeps all input 100% active all the time (to switch faster), Yamaha/Onkyo always hotplug when switching inputs.
reauth request was simply not handled correctly and it was actually a miracle that it worked hit & miss in any HDCP mode as many of our past updates did not address the real issue for Denon owners at all. (since we was addressing hotplug)
We are sorry it took so long to get such AVR near us, it's a costly investment that we can only afford after several dozens of Linker sales, so if you like our work, please share a link to us with your twitter/facebook/social network friends.
As you probably noticed, our website is having some trouble since a few days, we are pushing a new website out in about a week or two, if any problem for ordering in the meantime, please use the contact form and ask the guys directly.
None as of yet, please report.
- The Linker FW is now close to get out of Beta stage, more updates will follow, so stay tuned.
- Upscale routines for Presets are not yet included, coming on next update.
Please report and forward any issues, features or changes you wanna see on next update.
In case of issue, please try to be as accurate and possible in describing the issue, add your setup chain description, provide link to equipment usermanual (especially AVR and Display) and when it's relevant, try to take and add GUI screenshot when issue is happening.
We know it takes time to post a question/issue with lot of details, but this time is not wasted, the more details we have, faster and better will be our answer.
We are testing a new way to give 24/7 support: join us on our discord server
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum