HDCP Error ? Fix and solution to any HDCP issue or problem Forum Index HDCP Error ? Fix and solution to any HDCP issue or problem
HDCP 2.2 <> HDCP 1.4 - HDMI to Component, HDMI to RGBHV, HDMI to DVI-D, HDMI to HDMI up to 4K60 4:4:4 600MHz 18Gbps.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Not dealing with HDCP ? WTF ?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HDCP Error ? Fix and solution to any HDCP issue or problem Forum Index -> Linker 4K60 4:4:4 600Mhz 18Gbps HDCP x.x
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DavidinCT

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 2:04 am    Post subject: Not dealing with HDCP ? WTF ? Reply with quote

I have the linker going with a Dish Network Hopper 3 setup. As I have said, my setup is as such..

Dish Hopper> Denon AVR-X6200W > HDfury linker > HDMI 3 (10-bit port) on a LG 65ub9500

I am on the .016 firmware (the newest). When I put in a Premium channel (HBO etc), I get the message that "it was detected your TV does not support HDCP and you can not order this content"

If I disconnect it from HDMI 3 and move it to HDMI 1 (Pulling out the Linker and the input that supports HDCP 2.2), it plays fine.

I opened the GUI and it shows it's dropping HDCP to 1.4 (as needed).

Any idea why a connected device does not see HDCP ?
HDfury

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 3:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try this firmware and let us know Wink

http://www.filedropper.com/4klinkerfw18gui16

DavidinCT

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HDfury wrote:

See my last post here...

http://dme.ghost2.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=27132

Could not tell because it would go from a 4K device (HTPC) but, as soon as I switched to my HTPC, to my dish hopper 3 I got no picture.

No way I could test it as I got no picture from the Dish hopper 3 under the 0.18 firmware...
Goodklaatu

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@HDfury: I tried it with my Samsung K-8500 ("Life of Pi" UHD Blu Ray) -> Denon X4200 -> Epson TW9300 and NVIDA Shield (Marco Polo UHD/HDR).

Here my observations:
- It do not work when I Dasiy Chain "Samsung -> Denon -> HD Fury -> Epson" or "Samsung -> HD Fury -> Denon -> Epson" ... The GUI claim it is "unencrypted" on both input and output ... On my Epson only see random pixels (I guess it tries to play encrpyted content without knowing its encrypted). It is the same story with the NVIDA Shield. No Picture
- Now I use the HD Fury on "HDMI 2" on the Denon, the Epson is connected on "HDMI 1". I get a picture on the Epson like normal when I use the Shield, but get an "No HDCP 2.2, will use 1080p" Error on the Samsung. It do not seem to matter if I attach a device to the HD Fury or not (2013 1080p Samsung TV). But I get a picture 4k picture on the Epson when I play no disc, Netflix on the samsung plays fine (but it does not siwtch again to 4k when I had the error first)

Now the interesting thing: When I "turn off" HDMI 2 (HD Fury) and play "Life of Pi UHD" the Epson ... I still get the HDCP Error Shocked

My guess is that the Samsung is looking for the HDFury and Blacklisted it.

Config on the HD Fury:
- Custom EDID (I read out the Epson EDID and flushed it, but it is the same with all 4k EDID presets)
- Scale "Down"
- 4k/60 -> 1080p/60 and 4k/30 -> 1080p/30
- Color Space YUV / BT2020
- Output 8 Bit depth
DavidinCT

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 3:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HDfury wrote:

Sigh...it was working fine the other night and I changed to a channel and the message comes back again "no HDCP support"

If it's not fixed by the weekend, I am going to have to pull it out of the mix and revert to a lower HDMI port, defeats the whole reason for getting this device.

This was not an issue I expected from a HDfury device.
HDfury

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Goodklaatu wrote:
@HDfury: I tried it with my Samsung K-8500 ("Life of Pi" UHD Blu Ray) -> Denon X4200 -> Epson TW9300 and NVIDA Shield (Marco Polo UHD/HDR).

Here my observations:
- It do not work when I Dasiy Chain "Samsung -> Denon -> HD Fury -> Epson" or "Samsung -> HD Fury -> Denon -> Epson" ... The GUI claim it is "unencrypted" on both input and output ... On my Epson only see random pixels (I guess it tries to play encrpyted content without knowing its encrypted). It is the same story with the NVIDA Shield. No Picture
- Now I use the HD Fury on "HDMI 2" on the Denon, the Epson is connected on "HDMI 1". I get a picture on the Epson like normal when I use the Shield, but get an "No HDCP 2.2, will use 1080p" Error on the Samsung. It do not seem to matter if I attach a device to the HD Fury or not (2013 1080p Samsung TV). But I get a picture 4k picture on the Epson when I play no disc, Netflix on the samsung plays fine (but it does not siwtch again to 4k when I had the error first)

Now the interesting thing: When I "turn off" HDMI 2 (HD Fury) and play "Life of Pi UHD" the Epson ... I still get the HDCP Error Shocked

Config on the HD Fury:
- Custom EDID (I read out the Epson EDID and flushed it, but it is the same with all 4k EDID presets)
- Scale "Down"
- Output 8 Bit depth

What do you mean by "when i turn off" ? and if you turn off and you have issue, why do u think hdfury is blacklisted ?

Please post GUI screenshot, use custom default edid and HOLD RST and press INP 2 or 3 times (depending if u use wired or wireless connection to Epson)

DavidinCT

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HDfury wrote:
Goodklaatu wrote:

Here my observations:

Config on the HD Fury:
- Scale "Down"
- Output 8 Bit depth

What do you mean by "when i turn off" ? and if you turn off and you have issue, why do u think hdfury is blacklisted ?

Please post GUI screenshot, use custom default edid and HOLD RST and press INP 2 or 3 times (depending if u use wired or wireless connection to Epson)

Do you have any updated fix that deals with these issues ? When mine is disconnected (TV is shut off), it resets and breaks DHCP. Again it's showning that it does not support HDCP.

As for your FW 0.18 it didn't adjusdt when changing sources on a AVR...
Goodklaatu

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HDfury wrote:
Goodklaatu wrote:

Here my observations:

Config on the HD Fury:
- Scale "Down"
- Output 8 Bit depth

I mean I turn it off in the Denon .. I have the Option "Monitor 1", "Monitor 2" and "Dual (Auto)"... I tried all of them

I tried every EDID on the Fury that is not 1080p ... some story
HDfury

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Goodklaatu wrote:
HDfury wrote:
Goodklaatu wrote:

Here my observations:

Config on the HD Fury:
- Scale "Down"
- Output 8 Bit depth

I mean I turn it off in the Denon .. I have the Option "Monitor 1", "Monitor 2" and "Dual (Auto)"... I tried all of them

I tried every EDID on the Fury that is not 1080p ... some story

Which firmware are you running, can you post gui screenshot ?

use custom default edid and HOLD RST and press INP 2 or 3 times (depending if u use wired or wireless connection to Epson)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HDCP Error ? Fix and solution to any HDCP issue or problem Forum Index -> Linker 4K60 4:4:4 600Mhz 18Gbps HDCP x.x All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: